Saturday, April 30, 2011

Romeo and Juliet 1

A character I really relate with is Juliet. When Juliet was talking she said something along the lines of always wanting to please her mother. I try my best to please both of my parents. The situation is obviously a little different since I am not getting married but I wouldn't date or be good friends with someone who my parents didn't approve of. Juliet wants a man that her mother will like. The comparison between Juliet and me is that we both want to do what our mothers want us to do.

When reading Romeo and Juliet I think the best way for me to understand the play is when we read it together in class having different people play each part. This helps me because I can listen and think while other people read it. Also it helps me when Ms. Smith stops to ask what a certain thing means so we understand it better and can write in what it means. I am able to decipher the main events but some of the side conversations are more difficult to understand because it is the way Shakespeare spoke. When I read at home I don't understand the play as well as I do when we read it together in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment