Monday, June 20, 2011

The Final Post


Looking back on my past blogs, I see how much I have changed as a writer. I have grown a lot because of how often I worked on different aspects of it. I started the year out talking about how my blog will be complete and answer questions asked. I have been on time with all of my blogs and I’m very proud of that. In the beginning of the year I knew English was pretty important but now I know how important it really is.

My favorite blog post we did this year was when we got to chose a creative project on Animal Farm. One of the reasons I enjoyed doing this blog so much was because we could show our creative side while also understanding the deeper meaning of the literary work.

I think my blog is all about expressing my opinions and my views. I know we were given a prompt and had to answer it accordingly to the question but still I talked about what I thought. Like an unknown author said, “The principal mark of genius is not perfection, but originality.” My work on this was’t about copying people in other period’s blogs but doing my own work. This blog was all about how I felt about the things we were working on in class and how well I understood it.

I began this year knowing little about a lot of the topics we covered this year. Before taking Honors English, I never thought about how there could be more than one desired meaning to a work of literature. All of the work on To Kill a Mockingbird helped me understand what motifs and symbols were in greater depth. To Kill a Mockingbird is my favorite book because of this year. Harper Lee is such a talented writer.

Word Power was pretty stressful just knowing there would be a test at the end of every week but it really helped me. To this day I’ll hear commercials or movies which use words that I wouldn’t have known if we hadn’t learned all of the different prefixes and suffixes in English this year. They'll say polygamy and think to myself, “many..many marriages.” It taught me so much about what words mean and how they come together.

My favorite project of the year was the five-part paragraph on To Kill a Mockingbird. The reason I liked this was because mine was so original. Also, I understood the book in so much depth I was confident with every word I wrote.

This has been a successful year. I’m so glad I took Honors English this year. I wish I would have signed up for it next year but people told me I should take more than two honors classes.

Thanks for being such a great teacher and for singing to us twice!


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment