Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Favorite Assignment This Year!

When I look back on all of the projects, essays and homework we have been assigned I had no doubt which one was my favorite. The five part paragraph on To Kill a Mockingbird was my most memorable piece this year. I spent a lot of time on it and it definitely payed off. When Mrs. Gilman first told us we would have to recite it in front of the class I began to get really nervous because I am not good with reading in front of the class and on top of that, I am not the best with criticism. When I finished reading it, Mrs. Gilman had nothing but positive remarks to say about it.

Not only was this my favorite assignment because of the grade I got but it was about I book I grew to love. I understood this book in depth and wrote it well. It was a good assignment to start the year out because it was on something I had never learned before and it was on a novel that could have essays written in all kinds of ways. I would suggest that she do this with all of the freshman classes because it helped me grow as a writer and boosted my writing confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment