Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Poetry Out Loud

Part One:
1. Eagle Plain
2. Keeping Things Whole
3. Nude Descending a Staircase
4. A Boat Beneath A Sunny Sky and The Luggage
Part Two:
1. The poem I like they most was A Boat Beneath a Sunny Sky by Lewis Carroll because of how he uses language that relates to Alice in Wonderland. Also, I believe the words he uses create images in my mind of what is going on to help me understand.
2. I did not like the poem Eagle Plain because to me, the word weren't interesting and I didn't get what the meaning of writing the poem was.
3. I would like to study A Boat Beneath a sunny sky because Lewis Carroll, also author of Alice in Wonderland relates the poem. Or I might do Happiness because I love the meaning and the symbolism used.
4. The poem that connected with me was how I had vivid pictures with the Alice in Wonderland and with the other poem I connected with it because I know how it feels to be happy and to have those feelings.
Part Three:
1. The criteria that will be easiest for me is physical appearance because I have good posture and will be confident with what I am reading.
2. Voice and articulation will be the hardest for me because sometimes I have trouble slowing down while I talk so it comes out with a slur of words.
3. You need to focus on what you look like, how well you recite the poem, how much you get into the poem, how hard your poem is and how you read it. Also, you will get judged on your overall performance.
Part four:
Allison Strong recited the poem My Mistress' Eyes Are Nothing Like the Sun and it was very well done because she sounded like she enjoyed every word of what she was saying and because of her dramatic output.
Madison Neirmeyer recited I Am Waiting. I liked how she read the poem and how she got into it. It made her sound strong and seemed like she felt song about the poem. Madison made me like the poem she was reading and appreciate it.
Part Five: Poetry out Loud seems like a strong program in which many students in the US recite poems from this website. I think the competition will be scary at first but fun to listen to what they have chosen to say as their poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment